Ever since the conventional means of advertising have taken a backseat, businesses of all sizes and genres are espousing digital marketing strategies to enhance brand awareness, draw in revenue and create a lasting impact. If you wish to generate unbounded sales, gleaning a top-notch website for your business is crucial for its success, while producing effective content to keep the visitors engaged is the life’s blood of your website. No matter how meticulously you strive to design a state-of-the-art website, how immaculately it functions, or how diligently you promote and market it; if your website doesn’t incorporate content that turns heads, all your efforts could go down the drain! Marketing is just a tool to draw customers to your website, content is what makes them want to stay and not scurry for the backspace button. Here’s how you can create stellar content that aims to convert:
1. Ability to Express Ideas Eloquently
Creating content that sells is nothing short of an art. It takes eons of experience, trial and errors, comprehensive knowledge, and extensive expertise to be able to dig out facts, give direction to your thoughts, and make them flow effortlessly. Content creation has no “one formula to fit all”. While an impeccable grammar, intellectual sentence formation, and an articulate mind go a long way, great ideas are at the core of great content. A good creator knows how to intertwine facts with ideas and polish it up with a grammatical flourish.
2. Content should be Value Added and Meaningful
Nobody likes to read redundant facts and plain old, boring information. Readers of today are smarter than that. They instantly recognize if some same story is rewritten by different authors, each boasting credits. Today’s consumers seek fresh and invigorating content which invokes their thought processes, keeps them informed, and takes them to unchartered domains. In additions, readers love to read different takes on the hottest controversial issues, looking for new angles to elucidate their favorite stories and ignite their interest.
If your content incorporates genuine facts and looks well thought out and researched, you have a chance of catching the user interest. An insightful writer knows how to look beyond the façade, dig deep in to the topic, unearth unknown facts, and present it all with a sea of words! The best option is to hire experts who can create fresh and engaging content with you on a regular basis.
3. Publish a Wide Array of Content
An average consumer is constantly bombarded by superfluous marketing pitches through the day that leaves him wary and suspecting. Nobody likes hearing the same thing over and over! Businesses that take the time to fabricate quality content can actually shape their customer’s experience and build customer loyalty. It is highly imperative to create a wide array of content that would resonate with different categories of users:
• Case Studies: Case studies allow you to put yourself in the shoes of the target consumers and garner their unflinching trust. You can write blog posts, detailing one of your happiest customer, where they live, who they are, what are their needs, and how using your product or services alleviated their dilemmas. If one of your customers faces a similar quandary, they would be able to relate to your case study, pertaining to their situation, and would reach out and express a need for your product.
• How-To Articles: People use search engines every day, looking for information to make their lives easier. Inevitably, “how to…” appears in a lot of them! Each such query that finds you, takes you another step up the corporate ladder. Listen to your prospective target audience, what do they inquire about in their support questions, what causes them the most trouble? When you find the answer to that question, you would know what your next “Hot To” article is about! Incorporated somewhere within the article, you can point out that your audience needs your service/product to complete the how-to process. You’d be sure to have more visitors convert into leads and customers.
• Press Release/News: People love to render a human face to businesses and organizations. You can write press releases from time to time about any recent mergers, activities, or contracts that you have signed up. This keeps the customers involved in your business processes and let them feel that they are an important part of your business.
• Testimonials: Credible Testimonials are the best way to build loyalty and trust with your customers. People are suspicious of marketing techniques and are more apt to trust a brand or product when they hear of it through word of mouth. You can seek brand evangelists or any respectable locals in your area to write short and meaningful testimonials for your website.
• Information: You need product and sales information on your website with specific details, so that the users can comprehend your offerings and contrast and compare them with others.
4. Creating Content for a Target Audience
Each business has its own target base. Content creators should be acquainted with who’s going to read their content at the end of the day. It is highly improbable that a website selling teenage video games is likely to be visited by a middle aged person. When you know your readers, you can tailor make your content to satisfy them. Understand your audience’s penchant for a specific style and tone of reading, and adhere to it to generate more leads. Have you ever stopped to think about what mesmerizes and captivate your audience? When you learn the art of captivating audience and use it to the best of your ability, you can enhance the user experience at your website. The more you dwell on a topic, and completely involve yourself, the better you will be able to stretch your ideas and produce content that would create a lasting impact in the minds of the readers.
5. Optimize Your Content for SEO
It is prudent to ascertain that the content of your website is optimized for SEO before you publish it. Although incorporating keywords is indispensable for SEO, make sure that the keywords are not stuffed unnaturally, or look forced. Your content should be organized in a manner that it is readable by search engine bots and crawlers, and also by the audience. For inbound traffic, a helpful approach is to link new content to prior posts, obviously with a relevant topic, and also learn what the best place is for positioning your content.